Thursday, March 15, 2012

Extra Post - An Unexpected Visitor


This is a large bull moose that showed up in our woods this morning!  In our 28 years of living on this property, we have never seen a moose.  Moose occasionally come through the valley, probably from Canada through the Pasayten Wilderness Area... a long, mountainous, snowy trek!
Moose as a totem animal represents Courage.  Thank you Universe for this amazing gift!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is fantastic! I've quite obviously never seen a moose, so this is fascinating to me. It's also amazing that you can live somewhere for 28 years and still discover the new things it has to offer. That gives me great hope in nature, and, well, courage to continue my exploration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. Love this! I have only once seen a moose and that was year's ago--in New Hampshire. It was a young moose wading through a swampy area in the remote wilderness of NH. Love the snow, too! Spring is already here in Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I've wanted to see moose in the wild, ever since the days of Northern Exposure :-)

    ReplyDelete